What is Candida?
Candida is a type of yeast infection. It can live in the mouth, the intestines and in the vagina. It’s a fungus that we need in a healthy amount since it aids in digestion and nutrient absorption, however when it gets out of hand and levels of this fungus over produces in the body, that’s when we get into trouble.
Symptoms start appearing such as:
- feeling foggy brained
- a white coating on tongue
- eczema or skin irritations
- digestive problems (gas and bloating)
- cravings for sweets
- lowered sex drive
- hormonal imbalances
- allergies and sinus infections
How does Candida Overgrowth happen?
Normally it’s caused by diet and lifestyle factors, such as:
- lots of sugar in the diet, alcohol, refined carbohydrates
- use of antibiotics
- birth control pills
- weakened immune system
How do I treat it?
The very first step to get rid of Candida is to stop consuming foods that feed the yeast! Which means:
- no sugar (this includes fruits!)
- no refined carbohydrates
- no grains, legumes, and starchy carbohydrates
- no alcohol
What you CAN eat:
- lean proteins (chicken, seafood, tofu)
- healthy fats (coconut oil, avocado, raw almonds, raw seeds)
- fibrous vegetables (asparagus, cauliflower, leafy greens, eggplant, brussels sprouts, etc)
You can already imagine how restricted this diet is and how difficult it is for people to follow, that’s why I’m working on a Candida Diet Recipe ebook coming up this season to help people through the transition and make it delicious and easy to follow!
Stay tuned for this! I’m really excited to be able to put together this book to help anyone going through Candida overgrowth!
If you have any questions in the meantime simply shoot me a message here: email@example.com