Energy balls, power balls, however you want to call them, this easy-to-make snack requires zero baking and is great to tame that sweet tooth or quiet down a rumbling belly between meals.
Chocolate Protein Power Balls
(makes ~10 golf ball sized balls)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tb hemp seeds (or try cacao nibs for some crunch!)
- 1 Tb cacao powder
- 2 Tb maple syrup
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any other nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup water or plant-based milk of choice
- coconut flakes to roll them in (optional)
Toss everything in a food processor or mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl. Form into balls.
Pressed for time? Press out mixture on a tray lined with parchment paper and cut into 10 bars instead. Refrigerate or make more to freeze for later.
Since these are very nutrient dense, enjoy 1-2/day as a snack, pair it with peppermint tea and your tastebuds will love the combination!